Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Break...Are We Ready???

            And now on to the most challenging period of time we have had yet since moving in with Amy & Curtis. Two. Whole. Weeks. of seven kids underfoot 24/7. I'm honestly not entirely sure we are up to it. At the same time, it will be so nice to not have to spend half my days in the car dropping people off & picking people up. Oh, the joys of charter schools with no buses.
          But, I digress. It's time to step it up. I am a grand & glorious planner...it's the actual carrying out of said plans that gets me. So here's to sanity-saving activities for the kids to keep them from one another's throats. I forsee a lot of "Go outside & play!" time (which, sad to say, they have all been lacking). And  getting Dede to take naps is at the top of my list for resolutions this year. A grumpy nearly-three-year-old is no fun in general. When this one gets grumpy, it's like we have a banshee take up residence with us. The shrieking & wailing & gnashing of teeth...not pretty.
         We made it through Christmas parties at school (pictures to follow later, once I get to them), and Amy & I are both getting ourselves into baking (& no-baking) mode. Two batches of no-bakes on my part and two batches of cutout cookies and a cherry pie later & I know I'm beginning to feel confident that we'll get all the treats  made that we want to. This weekend gets devoted to cards, cookies, & crafts, if all goes well. Which will leave me far & ahead of where I'm usually at by now. Attempting to overcome chronic procrastination & disorganization is not an easy task.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment